Sign up for our FREE workshops: Measuring Young People’s Perspectives on the Value of Counselling
10 February, 2014
Free consultation events
Youth counselling services have taken a pragmatic approach to the implementation of outcome measurement. While long recognising the importance and need to measure, too often services have found current validated measures not quite meeting their need: either because of a lack of fit across the whole age range or not quite fitting the culture and context of youth counselling.
Youth counselling agencies are invited to take part in two regional consultation events facilitated by Dr. Cathy Street. The events will focus on the initial findings of a report examining local services' evidence of what young people say they have valued from their engagement in counselling.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Examine the findings from the initial review
- Explore further some of the gaps and problems in existing measures
- Make recommendations to meet identified gaps and difficulties
Who should attend?
- Service Managers of agencies providing counselling
- Counselling service managers
- Counsellors with at least two years experience of working in a youth counselling setting
The events will take place at:
- 11.00 - 15.00 on Tuesday 25th February, at 42nd Street, Manchester
- 11.00 - 15.00 on Thursday, 6th March at Youth Access, London
These events are free and refreshments and lunch will be provided